So I know it has been forever (things have been hectic) but I have not forgotten or abandoned this! It is still very much on, and I got a lot of great feedback for ideas, which I will be sharing in just a moment. First, some general updates:
- I am currently working on a way to track all the information, it will likely be a huge excel spreadsheet, that way I can make fun little graphs and pictures to post to visually see progress. Yay pictures!
- I am also considering starting a facebook page for the project so I can share photos and mini updates, as well as these blog posts easily. So watch for that!
- AND I know when it will all start! I initially didn’t want to wait (because I’m impatient) BUT since enough time has passed, I WILL BEGIN ON (drumroll pleeeasseeee):
JUNE 3RD! Ok, fine, I know, it is not all that exciting or surprising because it is in fact my birthday. But the timing is lining up well, and it will be a good “I’m turning 30, oh no! What ever will I do with my life, blah blah blah” type project. In case you couldn’t tell, I don’t actually feel that way about turning 30 at all… But this will still be a fun thing to do for the first year in a brand new decade. I may even learn some useful things for the rest of said decade.
So those are my updates and my starting date! Now, as I mentioned I had some great suggestions and have put together quite a list of goals. I am still open to suggestions so if you have some, let me know! But I think this is a pretty good undertaking as-is, so this may be the final list. Well, here it is! My goals to be completed by June 3rd, 2015:
- Watch 10,000 minutes of new Movies
- Watch 10,000 minutes of new TV shows
- Read 10,000 pages of new books
- Place 10,000 puzzle pieces
- Complete 10,000 crossword answers (NOT puzzles!)
- Drink 10,000 oz. of water
- Do 10,000 push-ups
- Do 10,000 sit-ups
- 10,000 minutes of exercise (push-ups and sit-ups don’t count)
- Travel 10,000 miles (repeat locations count, commuting to work does not)
- Earn 10,000 dollars (outside of regular income)
- Gain 10,000 twitter followers (I have a unique account for this
And that’s the list! Again, if you have other ideas, still let me know! But overall I am very excited to get this un
derway. Still ironing out those tracking details, but I will keep updating as June 3 gets closer, and then it will be off and running!